I needed a way to store resistors for my electronics work.
- Space for 75+ different resistor values
- Space for 375+ total resistors
- Quick and easy access
- Out of the way
- Cool looking
In researching a solution I found some folks who used test tubes. I loved the idea, but 75+ test tubes would take a lot of desk space.
So I decided I would design a custom rack solution to mount on the wall.
- Test Tubes: Corning Pyrex Vista Borosilicate Glass Cylindrical Test Tubes, 3ml Capacity, 10mm diameter 70800-10
- Rubber O-Rings: Oil-Resistant Burna-N, 2.4mm wide, 9.6mm internal diameter
- Rack: Custom designed with Inkscape (TestTubeRack.svg) and laser cut by ponoko.com out of 3-Ply Bamboo Blonde (P3 Size)
(Click on the images for the full size versions)